Monday, August 18, 2008

A few paintings I am currently working on....

As you can see I was pretty inspired to paint again after returning from Japan. Here are a just a few paintings that I am currently working on simultaneously...


I am still working on his skin tone and his hands but I keep screwing them up...






I didn't want to do much painting with this one, I wanted to add some mixed media, so I started to incorporate some paper torn out of a Japanese magazine for the skirt. I also used some very old red paint that my brother used for his model cars, it made the lips appear shiny like glass if you see it in person, or like a candy apple red that was just perfect...Thanks Ant! : )



The newest one....inspired by the kimonos that Shai and I bought in Tokyo. There is going to be much more detail on the kimonos and background. I plan to have fun with it and add to it each day so this one will be an ongoing process, plus I still need to buy more paint this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your paintings - super cool!

See you Sunday,

- V